mercoledì 12 giugno 2013

Pappardelle with Mascarpone, Speck, & Basil

I have several foodblogger-friends whom I read daily and who allow me from time to time to translate their recipes into English.  Incredibly, I have never gotten around to translating a recipe by Kiara Muzi, whose blog La pancia del lupo ("The wolf's belly") is one of my favorites.  I shall now correct that wrong and translate for you Kiara's scrumptious pappardelle with mascarpone and speck, infused with basil.

translated into English by L.C.

The plates and placemats are by La Maison Crema.
A quick but effective pasta recipe.
I prepared it in the twinkling of an eye ... its success is guaranteed.

Ingredients for 4 people

250 g pappardelle
100 g speck, cut into little strips
200 g mascarpone
6 basil leaves
20 g white onions, chopped
1 whole clove garlic, skin still on
extravirgin olive oil
salt and pepper

Preparation

In a nonstick pan, sauté the onions and garlic in a little bit of oil until golden (not brown), about a minute.

Then take out the garlic.

Add the speck and brown it, add the mascarpone, adjust the salt and pepper, and take the pan away from the heat.

Meanwhile, cook the pappardelle in abundant salted water. When al dente, strain it and toss it with the speck and mascarpone.

Garnish with the basil and serve hot.


1 commento:

  1. I haven't come across La pancia del lupo but if this dish is typical, I'll have to check it out. Looks heavenly! And pappardelle may be my very favorite pasta...

    RispondiElimina